Korean Barbecue is the perfect restaurant-style meal that you can easily make at home! This is definitely one of those meals that can be served al fresco and just require your friends or family to make their own plate? Perfect for family get togethers and tailgating. We’ve been making these lettuce wraps for decades. They were always a hit with our family as they are packed with unique flavors and textures. This delicious dish works wonderfully as leftovers.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 15 min
1 Pound Thinly Sliced Ribeye
1 Tablespoon Det-K Bulgogi Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
4 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Teaspoons Teriyaki Sauce
2 Small Green Onions (thinly sliced)
Steamed White Rice
NOTE: This dish is NOT spicy. You can serve Sriracha or Gochujang 고추장 (Korean red pepper paste) on the side.
NOTE: Wrap beef in plastic wrap and freeze 1 hour until it is firm enough to hold shape but still soft enough to cut beef across the grain.
1. Cut your sirloin, rib eye or brisket into thin strips about 1/8th to 1/4th inch thick. *You can substitute the beef for any protein you desire.
2. Place the meat slices in a bowl and sprinkle the Bulgogi Seasoning to coat both sides. Mix gently with hands and set aside for 5 minutes. 3. Just before cooking over a very hot grill or very hot skillet, add the sesame oil to the pan. Add the beef to the cooking surface individually and sear until charred and crisp, about 1.5 to 3 minutes per side depending on thickness.
NOTE: Your pan should be hot enough so that the meat sizzles as soon as it touches the pan. Cook your steak in multiple batches so you don’t overcrowd your skillet which will steam instead of sear your beef.
4. Remove the beef to a platter lightly season one more time with Det-K Bulgogi Seasoning.
5. In the warm pan add 4 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce, 2 Teaspoons Teriyaki Sauce and the sliced green onions. Lightly sprinkle Det-K Bulgogi Seasoning over the pan and on medium heat create a reduction. This reduction can be used to add a little more flavor to your wraps. This reduction really adds to the dynamic flavor of this dish.
6. Serve the Korean BBQ in lettuce cups with steamed white rice and the reduction drizzled on top. We prefer to create our own Korean BBQ Wrap station similar to a taco bar.
More About Smoked Bros:
Offering Veteran Spices and BBQ Rubs, Smoked Bros is a SOF veteran-owned spices & seasoning company serving craft flavors to people who love the All-America past time of BBQ. We develop our kinetic flavor profiles with the same surgical precision as our military missions, defending the greatest country on the planet.
At Smoked Bros, we use the highest quality ingredients that are ethically sourced from around the globe and deliver them to your front door. The quality of our craft seasonings at our price point is unmatched.
Here at Smoked Bros, we are committed to delivering the highest quality ingredients that are ethically sourced from around the globe. With every purchase, we give back to America’s warfighters, first responders, and underserved communities.