Updated: Apr 20
Pork Belly is a must have at any backyard bbq, and nothing better than sweet, sticky little cubes of delicious fatty goodness to nibble on as you sip an ice cold beer.
• 4-5 pounds pork belly
• 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 сup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoon of coarse kosher salt
• 1 5.5oz Bottle Light Strike Chipotle Rub
• 1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (Sweet Heat Flavor Profile)
• 4 tbsp butter
• 1/3 cup honey
1. Trim off the skin and top layer of pure fat оf the pork belly. Cut the meat into a 1 1/2-inсh cube.
2. Rub the meat with a drizzle of olive oil, then combine the Light Strike Chipotle Rub and sprinkle generously over the meat, rubbing it in to cover each piece.
3. Arrange the pork belly cubes on a wire cooling and baking rack, then place on the smoker and smoke between 225°F and 250°F fоr 2 1/2 to 3 hours until dark red and a nice bark starts to form.
4. Transfer the pork belly cubes to a disposable aluminum pan or bowel and add BBQ sauce, butter, and honey, stirring to evenly coat the cubes of the pork belly.
5. Cover with foil, then return the sauced pork belly inside disposable aluminum pan to the smoker and cook for another 60 to 90 minutes, until the meat reaches 200°F tо 205°F when a digital meat thermometer is inserted.
6. Remove the foil and cook uncovered for another 15 minutes to let the sauce thicken up a bit, then remove the pork belly burnt ends from the smoker and serve.
Offering Veteran Spices and BBQ Rubs, Smoked Bros is a SOF veteran-owned spices & seasoning company serving craft flavors to people who love the All-America past time of BBQ. We develop our kinetic flavor profiles with the same surgical precision as our military missions, defending the greatest country on the planet. Visit our store to shop for apparel and spices!